[teacherartexchange] Need Advice With Digital Entries

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 20:42:15 PDT

Here in Albuquerque I am on two committees exploring the
possibility of submitting entries for juried art shows
via digital images. Both the New Mexico Watercolor Society
and an umbrella organization called the Arts Alliance are
looking at the issues involved.

Presently many people take digital images of their art and
then convert those to slides to enter exhibitions. We would
like to go completely digital for entries. Some questions
are as follows:

Would you use 72 dpi jpegs ?

How would you label (what info) on the file ?

Would you submit via CD or through e-mail ?

Do you know of any groups doing this now ?

How can I contact them for information ?

We are in the exploratory stage now. We are doing some
trial runs and discussing how to make our membership
comfortable with the transition. We do not have a set
timeline. Please get back with me if you can help me in
our exploration.

                        Thanks, Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque