[teacherartexchange] Successful first week of school lessons (elementary)

---------

From: Deborah Kaye (kaye.deborah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 09:00:17 PDT

Hi Group,

I got to thinking about what some successful first week of school
lessons would be for elementary... something all kids could do an be
proud of.
Names came to mind.... and also Susan's Progressive portraits.

I found this link when I looked for names ideas:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/names.htm

Susan (from Long Island) has her students all do self portraits on
9x12 paper (or 8.5 x 11). She saves these throughout their elementary
years and displays them in an accordion foldout at their art show.

I thought I could get her Getty post to come up... this link came up quickly:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/selfport.htm

Deborah