[teacherartexchange] back to school help at Wal-Mart

---------

From: Heather Hayes (heatherglenn77_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 06:22:34 PDT

I've heard from several different people that Wal-Mart and Crayola have
teamed up to get an art teacher in the store for a few hours to help parents
buy back-to-school supplies, and that the teacher gets a $150 gift card to
Wal-Mart for doing it. Does anyone have contact information for this
program? I've tried looking online, but I haven't found anything confirming
that it exists, much less how to actually sign up for it. I *really* want
to do it, because I've found out that my 1st full time paycheck from my new
school won't come until TWO MONTHS into the school year! I know the intent
is probably for the teacher to use the giftcard for classroom supplies, but
groceries are more important to me for those 2 months.

Does anyone else's school district have such a messed up payroll? We get
paid once a month...at the end of the month...and it runs a month behind.
Result=working almost 2 full months before you get your first paycheck.

Heather H