Re: [teacherartexchange] Top Ten Images

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 13 2005 - 22:11:13 PDT

I think I would go for meaning, concepts, aesthetic experiences and engage
students in deciding what they would like. I would focus on the critical
thinking that can be gained by looking at many different works of art. I think
it all gets down to the goals of your program. If I could determine my own
goals and ignore the state mandated curriculum, I would say that it doesn't
matter as long as the concepts we are learning about in a student centered
learning environment are being addressed. I guess I would ask the students
what they would like to learn. But maybe this is too lose. The more I teach
the less I know and the more I teach the more unsure I am that we know what we
are doing.

--
Dr. Diane C. Gregory
Director, Undergraduate & Graduate