Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Top Ten Images

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 13 2005 - 21:32:35 PDT

        If you don't mind, let me pull out some very important
things you said about teaching using art images:

> the collection should have representative works of art from a
> variety of cultures

> both male/female works, works of art from a variety of
> historical/cultural periods, works from all genres,

> works that would be interesting to children

> In practice, I try to find images that I can use that are
> examples of the concepts I am trying to teach.

> Creating your list would be a very individual thing.

> if I am passionate about the work, this usually carries
> over into the lesson.

> It might be fun for children to create a list of their top ten.

Very good points to remember, Thank You Diane

I always preferred reproductions because I could leave
them up for and extended period of time.

	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703
Albuquerque, NM    87199-1703