[teacherartexchange] Teaching Drawing

---------

From: Linda Watson (lsw_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 13 2005 - 12:03:37 PDT

Next year I will be teaching Drawing II and Drawing III/IV. Do any of you
have a course synopsis for each one? I've only taught Art I and could use
some help! Also, I would appreciate the names of books for teaching
drawing.

My greatest concern is how to structure the course. In college
(light-years ago for me) and in the refresher drawing courses I have
taken, most everyday we just drew from life. The professor would give a
little instruction at the beginning of the class and then we drew3 for the
next 3 hours. Of course, we would have critiques. My classes will be 1
1/2 hours long and I'm not sure if high school students can work this
way. In Art I most of the work was project or art history related.

As you can see, I am interested in ideas! I teach grades 9-12.

Thanks,

Linda