[teacherartexchange] What are your TOP TEN images kids should know?

---------

From: Deborah Kaye (kaye.deborah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 13 2005 - 10:55:53 PDT

Hi Group,

One of the other art ed lists is coming up with their TOP TEN images
kids should know. We have tried to come up with some before on this
list...but I can not find it in the archives.

Here are some of my images/artists

Leonardo da Vinci - Mona Lisa
Michelangelo - Sistine Chapel (or David - or Pieta)
Monet - Water lilies
Van Gogh - Starry Night
Picasso - Guernica (or another cubist work)
Matisse - any cut paper (what you pick?)
Grant Wood - American Gothic
Andy Warhol - Soup Can

Add to this list.... keep in mind, these should also be ones that
affordable prints are available to purchase.

If you could only use ten images in your elementary (or middle school)
program what would those images be?

I did find this old list that was posted.... but it has way more than ten:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/artists.htm
TeacherArtExchange archives is great!

In my mind...pick ten art teachers.... and you will get ten different
top ten lists of prints/images

Deborah