[teacherartexchange] Understanding By Design - a sample unit plan

---------

From: Deborah Kaye (kaye.deborah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 13 2005 - 06:17:09 PDT

Hi Group,

Can't remember now who was asking about Big Idea - Enduring ideas...
same thing to me... Anyways....

This pdf file was posted to another art ed list - funny how the same
topics come up. I guess more schools are going to this process of
lesson planning.

This file takes while to load... grab your cup of coffee
Online unit of study that in general uses Understanding by Design:
http://www.art.unt.edu/ntieva/news/vol_12/no_2/ForAlltoSee.pdf
This one is for public art.... This is not your usual "recipe"
lesson... Some deep thought went into planning this unit. I'd hate to
have to write up all of my lessons this way. I'd never get anything
done.

Some good links were posted too... let me know if you want those. I
saved the emails and will post them.

Deborah