Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] VIRCONA is a Database of Native North American Visual Artists

From: Deborah Kaye (kaye.deborah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 06:08:00 PDT

Hi Group,

Came across this on Net Gold - posted by David Dillard
VIRCONA is a Database of Native North American Visual Artists

VIRCONA is a database of Native North American visual artists. It is a
web-accessible subset of the Native American entries in the electronic
catalog to the collections of over 300,000 35mm slides in the Bainbridge
Bunting Memorial Slide Library (BBMSL) at the University of New Mexico
(UNM). VIRCONA was created to be a shared resource on the Internet for the
nonprofit use of educational, research, scholarly, and cultural

History of the Project

    VIRCONA is an acronym of Visual Resources Catalog Of Native American
Artists. It was established in 2000 as part of a two-year project funded
by the Educational Foundation of America (EFA) for the Regents of the
University of New Mexico......

I did a search for basketmaker - female - any time period.

An interesting wire basket came up... got me thinking about using
telephone wire for baskets....Did a search. This lesson came up:

To unsubscribe go to