[teacherartexchange] Book to check out - Arthouse by Graham Percy

---------

From: Deborah Kaye (kaye.deborah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 11 2005 - 17:04:04 PDT

Hello Group,

Just thought I'd pass on this book that came up on another list.
Arthouse by Graham Percy - Not new - Came out in 1994
ISBN: 0811804976 Retails for $16.95 - but you can get used online:
http://www.allbookstores.com/book/0811804976

>>The concept is that an art house has been designed with
a variety of artists in mind. Each room or certain elements of a room
are "designed" for a different artist.

For example, the kitchen is for Hieronymous Bosch and it is filled
with all sorts of odd gizmos and creatures. Every object in
Arcimboldo's study is made from fruits and vegetables. Grant Wood's
bed and rug look like Iowa landscapes. Christo has a wrapped
landscape.

Seems to me someone brought it up before?.... Might be a lesson in there?

Deborah