Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Packing Tape Sculpture - artist site

From: Deborah Kaye (kaye.deborah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 11 2005 - 17:53:49 PDT

Hi Group,

Packing Tape Sculptures came up a while back on the list...
Thought I'd share this link that was posted to one of the other lists

Work is by Mark Jenkins:

"All you really need to know is to start wrapping an object or body part
with the sticky side up. Then continue wrapping with the sticky side down
for about 4 or 5 layers. Depending on the object being wrapped, you will
need to slit the tape in order to remove it and then tape up the slit."

I think the original person who posted got the tape for Free from a
local packaging company.

Here are some more by Linda Perez
click through to see more.

Cool lesson idea