[teacherartexchange] Packing Tape Sculpture - artist site

---------

From: Deborah Kaye (kaye.deborah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 11 2005 - 17:53:49 PDT

Hi Group,

Packing Tape Sculptures came up a while back on the list...
Thought I'd share this link that was posted to one of the other lists

Work is by Mark Jenkins:
http://www.xmarkjenkinsx.com/tapesculpture.html

"All you really need to know is to start wrapping an object or body part
with the sticky side up. Then continue wrapping with the sticky side down
for about 4 or 5 layers. Depending on the object being wrapped, you will
need to slit the tape in order to remove it and then tape up the slit."

I think the original person who posted got the tape for Free from a
local packaging company.

Here are some more by Linda Perez
http://www.sentex.net/~wcacweb/pages/LPerez%20pic1.html
click through to see more.