Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Wind driven art works - for Pinwheel lesson

From: croberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 11 2005 - 15:50:26 PDT

I'm glad you posted this...Vollis Simpson lives about an hour's drive from
me...I keep saying I'm going to see his art and I keep forgetting about it.
I will definitely visit this summer.

>The work of an outsider artist named Vollis Simpson. His motion
machines were in the film "Twister". The member uses examples of his
work in a lesson plan that ties Newton's laws of motion to creating
motion art. The Science Museum of Minnesota has a wonderful site that
explores Mr. Simpson's wind driven art works, and gives many links to
lessons and ideas for other kinetic student art projects, including

Vollis link:

Projects link:

Just thought I'd pass it on to all who are doing Pinwheels for Peace -
might want to make a connection.