Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Wind driven art works - for Pinwheel lesson

From: Deborah Kaye (kaye.deborah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 11 2005 - 14:26:42 PDT

Hello Group,

This was posted to another list I belong to.

The work of an outsider artist named Vollis Simpson. His motion
machines were in the film "Twister". The member uses examples of his
work in a lesson plan that ties Newton's laws of motion to creating
motion art. The Science Museum of Minnesota has a wonderful site that
explores Mr. Simpson's wind driven art works, and gives many links to
lessons and ideas for other kinetic student art projects, including

Vollis link:

Projects link:

Just thought I'd pass it on to all who are doing Pinwheels for Peace -
might want to make a connection.

To unsubscribe go to