Re: [teacherartexchange] Getty list - establishing TRUST

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 11 2005 - 08:04:58 PDT

My suggestion to stop this behavior is to IGNORE the offenders completely.
By telling everyone not to respond, to e-mail the list and tell them to
ignore, to chastise the offending parties, all of these are exactly what the
trolls want. To successfully eliminate trolls from the list everyone has to
ignore them completely, and to go on about the daily business. Yes, the
nastiness will intensify, but once they realize they aren't going to get a
response they will simply go somewhere else. I don't believe that having
individuals put their personal information down will work- Getty is not
going to verify that addresses and schools exist. For those on the list who
don't actively teach, or teach in a venue other than schools, you exclude
them by insisting they include school info. Personal info can easily be made
up - I know I do it anytime I am asked personal info when I want to visit a
site that wants this information without having a true need for it. So when
the trolls come to visit, PLEASE completely ignore them! If you have a
positive reputation on the list I am positive it won't be tarnished by
immature creeps. Now that the troll is gone (????) can we now drop this
subject? I'm afraid if we keep bugging Getty they will decide that we are
more of a nusciance and just drop us.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids