[teacherartexchange] Getty list - establishing TRUST

---------

From: Deborah Kaye (kaye.deborah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 11 2005 - 07:50:24 PDT

Dear Fellow Members,

Thank you Joan for speaking out for us. We all appreciate your
efforts. I would rather post my suggestion.

My suggestion is to somehow tighten the registration. Right now anyone
with an email account can subscribe - and as we found out - can even
subscribe with multiple accounts for the purpose of "trolling".

Many list members reached out to help the violators - giving our time.
Trust has now been violated. Our time was not wasted, however, as it
has shown potential problems and now Getty can work to correct them.
Better to find out now than during the school year when we are all too
busy.

Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts. And never hope more
than you work. ~ Rita Mae Brown

You can't shake hands with a clenched fist.~ Indira Ghandi

We must continue to welcome new members with an open hand.... but
trust your instincts. Rather than replying to an individual off list
about their questionable behavior, report it to Getty
TeacherArtExchange Staff that an individual needs some sort of
moderation. The contact address is on the TeacherArtExchange Posting
Guidelines page - has been all along.

If there are any long time members out there who are not participating
with your regular account - but would like to join in. Email me and I
will invite you to open a Gmail account. Gmail is so easy to use....
and it is so easy to to archive posts.

I will only invite members I know. If you want to know it you can
trust me with your email address. I will give you a clue. My pet
fish's name is Marvin (named after Marvin Bartel - Marvin means
"famous friend"). My previous fish was named Nicholas Red-Fish-Blue
Fish - Named after the individual at Getty who was fighting to save
ArtsEdNet Talk.

Thank you all for continuing to post.

Deborah Kaye

P.S. Hello to the other Deborah Kaye in the world.... my first choice
for gmail was already taken.