Re: [teacherartexchange] Dead Tree Sculpture

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 11 2005 - 05:12:41 PDT

Wichita KS has alot of these. After a tornado came through and damaged
several trees a couple of local artists came in and carved the trunks into
whimsical animals and people. I can't think of the artist's name right now -
but he went on to carve scuptures all over the city. I always respected the
fact that he wouldn't touch a live healthy tree, no matter how badly the
owners wanted a sculpture!
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids