Re: [teacherartexchange] Budgets

---------

From: Ann Ayers (art304_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 10 2005 - 17:06:42 PDT

Marsha,
Thanks for the kind words - however, every year it was a struggle.
For a time, we were allowed to charge a small fee (voluntary fee) for
supplies, but that soon became banned in our county (some parent
complained in a neighboring county about "free education"). Part of
the reason that I got into technology (animation and computer
graphics) was because technology was funded in our school (most of
the time). I guess that the administration thought that art teachers
were supposed to be creative, so......
I understand that the year I left, the two remaining art teachers
didn't even get the $333. They got zero money and were told to use
what was left of my meager supply closet. How sad. One of those
teachers is set to retire in a year, it will be interesting to see
what happens to the art department when she leaves.
ann