Re: [teacherartexchange] slides to digital format?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 10 2005 - 16:54:06 PDT

Maggie White wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> A new teacher who attended my NAEA session just e-mailed and asked if I
> could send her copies of the pictures I showed to go along with the
> lesson plans. They are all in slide format. I could send her duped
> slides, or prints made from slides that she could have made into
> overhead transparencies; is it also possible to have them transferred to
> CD-ROM?

It would be expensive to have the slides made into digital images
unless you have a good friend who would scan them into a computer
for you. Once that is done, putting them on a CD is easy, then they
could be projected. But It's difficult to believe anyone would
ask you to go to so much effort for them.
                                        Woody

Would she be able to project images from the CD onto a screen?
> I am completely ignorant of digital technology and don't know how this
> works. I think there's a local lab that can do stuff like that. It
> seems a lot of schools no longer use slides.
>
> Maggie, ignorant and proud of it, man

By the way, you must go digital someday. Slides are almost
going the way of eight-tracks. Or do you still have one in
your Rambler. (Please take this as a joke)

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
		mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net