Re: [teacherartexchange] slides to digital format?

---------

From: david gran (dsgran_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 10 2005 - 08:38:36 PDT

Sure, if your school has a scanner, likely they have a
little extra piece that goes on top (its sort of
pyramid shaped) -its designed to reflect light back
into the scanner for the sole purpose of scanning
slides.

Also, I'm sure many local photography places will be
able to do this for you as well. As far as her
ability to project the images, it would of course
depend on whether or not she has a digital projector.

--- Maggie White <mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com> wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> A new teacher who attended my NAEA session just
> e-mailed and asked if I
> could send her copies of the pictures I showed to go
> along with the
> lesson plans. They are all in slide format. I
> could send her duped
> slides, or prints made from slides that she could
> have made into
> overhead transparencies; is it also possible to have
> them transferred to
> CD-ROM? Would she be able to project images from
> the CD onto a screen?
> I am completely ignorant of digital technology and
> don't know how this
> works. I think there's a local lab that can do
> stuff like that. It
> seems a lot of schools no longer use slides.
>
> Maggie, ignorant and proud of it, man
>

> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

http://carrotrevolution.blogspot.com/

The day is coming when an ordinary carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

-Paul Cezanne