[teacherartexchange] What is your kind of art?

---------

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 10 2005 - 06:57:17 PDT

Greetings TeacherArtExchange Members,

I know all of you ignored the Troll's post. But I
would like to clarify that my cats' names are Ce-Ce,
Snowball and Nala. They do like to help me do my art,
but they like working on the computer best. If you
find any typos - blame that on my cats. They do eat
Purina cat chow - so he got that one right.
Nala was an indoor kitty till just a few days
ago....She has now discovered a whole new world out
there. She sneaks out every chance she gets... Enough
about my cats....

More summer reflection.....

All of you have seen my art in the past. I was a
sculpture major - loved 3-D work best (also had
crafts' major). I honestly am not that good at drawing
(and I don't do that much drawing now - for shame!). I
assemble images now. Collage is my kind of art now...
and mixed media. Last year, I wanted to make dolls,
but my modeling skills were a bit rusty and I got
frustrated. I gave up on making real dolls..... and
made little flat dolls instead. I gave many of them
away, but do have a lot of them hanging on my walls.
Folks told me I should make the little dolls to sell
in craft shows... but that was never a dream of mine.
My art is a gift. I will let others make art to sell.
Art Education is my career - teaching is my art, too.

I am wondering now what my little troll doll might
look like? I think I need to make one to remember this
experience. The troll has moved from ugly to quite
humorous.

The "Getty pond" needs a lot of new creatures now,
too.

Keep sharing....

Joan

P.S. Here is a hoot! I had a sculpture featured on NBC
Today Show last September (chuckles)