RE: [teacherartexchange] Ooops, I got carried away!

---------

From: Linda White (linda.c.white_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 09 2005 - 14:30:06 PDT

Stacie, Good Luck. You are young and know the problems your students might
have. My prayers are with you. Linda

Yesterday was my last day, and in two weeks I start my first job as an art
teacher in a new charter school. I'm terrified out of my mind, but I just
turned thirty, and I feel like I've already wasted the past six years in an
environment that stifled any creativity I had. I'm nervous but ready to get
back into it, to remember what it feels like to feel inspired. I'm praying
that teaching will be my calling. I've spent the last years without any
feeling of pride or sense of reward. I've felt lifeless, and I'm hoping
that this new career will give me life again. I fear change, I fear
failure, but I have to start taking risks if I'm ever going to find
fulfillment. This is why I'm here.