Re: [teacherartexchange] The importance of an education in art

---------

From: Barb Reser (breser1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 09 2005 - 05:22:21 PDT

My story: My 23 year old son Grant died 6 months ago of cancer. He had had
a heart transplant at age 3, a kidney transplant at age 19, then was
diagnosed with Burkitt's Lymphoma. While he was undergoing chemo, I told
him I'd give up my art teaching business and take care of him. He said,
"No, mom, don't do it."

 It's a good thing I didn't, because having my students and doing my own
artwork were (and are) the best therapy for me!