Re: [teacherartexchange] Teacher Art Exchange Staff and Remaining Members

---------

From: judy nash (turtlesoup4u_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 13:36:23 PDT

Hi members! If you unsubscribe from this or other lists, then they have won. The things that they are writing are nasty but I personally don't think you should give in.. That won't solve the problem at all.

Jim Corrigan <mistercorrigan@gmail.com> wrote: I'm not sure what we can do to solve this problem. No solution will
ever work 100% because there are always ways around anything we could
do. I'm afraid that I'll just unsubscribe from the list as others
have done. I might rejoin at some point in the future after these
pranksters have tired of toying with us. In the meantime I intend to
find another list that has measures already in place to deal with such
issues.

On 7/8/05, Joan Dark wrote:
> Dear Teacher Art Exchange Staff and Members,
>
> Kevan has a good point. My feeling is we will not know
> who the offenders are if we all stop posting now.
>
> Here is another suggestion that I have to stop the
> prank posts.
>
> What if all html posts were blocked? That would
> prevent this site from sending posts and any other
> prank site that is out there. Do all email programs
> from legitimate users have the capability to send
> plain text? Blocking all html would force all members
> to send in plain text.
>
> Also.... along with posting guidelines could there be
> something on the site that says if a member does
> violate the posting guidelines, they will be blocked
> from posting.
>
> Could there be a guideline added that off list
> communications should not be posted to the list?
> In my mind, that off list communication is
> "copyrighted" too and posting it without permission is
> a violation of copyright. I know that is stretching it
> a bit. I know that we can not "copyright" our posts
> that are made to the list.
>
> A letter is being drafted right now to be snail mailed
> to Getty. Please send your suggestions and concerns to
> me at this address and I will include them
> I don't think anyone needs to send any additional
> emails as they do not have the staffing to answer
> them. Two members have already received responses that
> they are working on it.
>
> I, too, am looking forward to the return of a
> professional environment.
>
> Joan for Art Education

..."A jewel is just a pebble that found a way to shine"....