Re: [teacherartexchange] Help is needed for Graphics Art Teacher

---------

From: david gran (dsgran_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 09:17:50 PDT

Perhaps a scanner can solve your problem? If you
don't have one, they're not so expensive anymore.

You could do a project that involves the students
creating flat artwork, scanning it in, and then
manipulating it on the computer. For example, have
them do a 'cubist' project in which they draw 10 or
more views of the same object, scan them in, and then
manipulate them in photoshop.

You could even have them work so that they go back and
fourth between the computer and the drawing/painting
part of the project on an every-other-day basis.

The students who start on the computers could use
photoshop to select a color scheme, or do a 'test'
composition with some pre-scanned photos or other
material.

Hope that was helpful.

David

--- Joan Dark <joandark4art@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Teacher Art Exchange Members,
>
> This post was unanswered. I am reposting it.
>
> From a Getty list member:
>
> I have a difficult situation I need help with. Our
> school is in two buildings. While I have an art room
> in one building, we had a small mac lab in the
> other.
> I had created a Digital art class so that the Mac
> Lab
> could be used more periods. So I was running between
> buildings. Which was okay since there were
> essentially
> no supplies. Of course the
> students loved this class and now we have still 6
> machines but 12 kids per class. I will probably
> separate the students into two groups, one
> being one the computer at a time. So then the other
> group goes...manual?? How can I teach a classroom
> class, a computer class, and make it to class at the
> same time? It was okay last year to just
> walk in to the machines. But if I have to do prep
> for
> a manual graphics component, how does one do that in
> someone else's classroom?! Ahead of time? And then
> rush back for my own class? I am thinking art on a
> cart here, but I have to cross the road and go
> downstairs...
> If anyone has some good advice for her, please send
> directly to this address (joandark4art at yahoo.com)
> -do not post it to list. I have saved her email
> address and will send your advice to her.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Joan for Art Ed

http://carrotrevolution.blogspot.com/

The day is coming when an ordinary carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

-Paul Cezanne