Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Help is needed for Graphics Art Teacher

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 08:47:57 PDT

Dear Teacher Art Exchange Members,

This post was unanswered. I am reposting it.

From a Getty list member:

I have a difficult situation I need help with. Our
school is in two buildings. While I have an art room
in one building, we had a small mac lab in the other.
I had created a Digital art class so that the Mac Lab
could be used more periods. So I was running between
buildings. Which was okay since there were essentially
no supplies. Of course the
students loved this class and now we have still 6
machines but 12 kids per class. I will probably
separate the students into two groups, one
being one the computer at a time. So then the other
group goes...manual?? How can I teach a classroom
class, a computer class, and make it to class at the
same time? It was okay last year to just
walk in to the machines. But if I have to do prep for
a manual graphics component, how does one do that in
someone else's classroom?! Ahead of time? And then
rush back for my own class? I am thinking art on a
cart here, but I have to cross the road and go
If anyone has some good advice for her, please send
directly to this address (joandark4art at
-do not post it to list. I have saved her email
address and will send your advice to her.

Thank you in advance,

Joan for Art Ed

Do You Yahoo!?