[teacherartexchange] Teacher Art Exchange Staff and Remaining Members

---------

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 07:19:06 PDT

Dear Teacher Art Exchange Staff and Members,

Kevan has a good point. My feeling is we will not know
who the offenders are if we all stop posting now.

Here is another suggestion that I have to stop the
prank posts.

What if all html posts were blocked? That would
prevent this site from sending posts and any other
prank site that is out there. Do all email programs
from legitimate users have the capability to send
plain text? Blocking all html would force all members
to send in plain text.

Also.... along with posting guidelines could there be
something on the site that says if a member does
violate the posting guidelines, they will be blocked
from posting.

Could there be a guideline added that off list
communications should not be posted to the list?
In my mind, that off list communication is
"copyrighted" too and posting it without permission is
a violation of copyright. I know that is stretching it
a bit. I know that we can not "copyright" our posts
that are made to the list.

A letter is being drafted right now to be snail mailed
to Getty. Please send your suggestions and concerns to
me at this address and I will include them
I don't think anyone needs to send any additional
emails as they do not have the staffing to answer
them. Two members have already received responses that
they are working on it.

I, too, am looking forward to the return of a
professional environment.

Joan for Art Education