RE:[teacherartexchange] [teacherartexchange]Let's work to keep this list

---------

From: Jean King (jdking_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 06:34:14 PDT

Good morning to everyone still out there,

I have been lurking on this list for ages it seems. As I watched the
disintegration and havoc wrought by this last while's e-mails, I was
faced with what this list means to me.

During the school year I look forward to reading everyone's input first
thing each morning when I get to work and last thing each afternoon
before I leave for the day. I recommend the list to my fellow teachers.
I find the information and ideas inspire me to write more creative
lessons and to question various things about my own teaching that I
would otherwise not even be aware of.

During the summer this list is a means for me to develop ideas for the
coming year. It is marvelous to have the input of so many other art
teachers to draw on.

Normally I enjoy following the various threads, at least until this
outbreak. I am familiar enough with the various people who post
frequently to not be confused by the e-mails that were sent in their
names. I know Judy and others would never have sent out anything like
the garbage that was sent in their names.

I do not want to lose the list because of anyone's sophomoric postings.

Hang in there,
Jean