[teacherartexchange] Thanks Christine - Let's work to keep this list

---------

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 05:14:27 PDT

Greetings Christine and all remaining members,

Getty has done a lot of work to maintain this list. I
can not imagine they would just drop the list because
of the posts of some immature individuals.... Yes, Jim
- if you see this. We all agree that what that person
is doing is very immature. What suggestions do you
have to stop it?

Here are mine:

1. Set up a Lyris command to block that Prank site.
That should be easy to do.

2. Block offending individuals from posting again as
soon as the posts appear.

3. Set up a Lyris command to bounce posts that have
too many repeated lines. At least we would not have to
read the same offensive lines over again.

4. Have some kind of safe guard in place so someone
can not sign on and use another member's name.

5. Set up a form on the registration that new members
have to fill out with name, address, title (art
teacher, artist), phone number. I don't know if this
will do any good - but it would at least take them
longer to sign on with a new identity.

6. Remove all offending posts from the archives - or
simply stop archiving posts. I know the posts are
automatically archived now - but maybe someone could
read them first before they are added?

Whoever is doing this is having too much fun and will
not stop. Lyris could be set up to control him/her
more.

TeacherArtExchange Staff... Please make a post to all
remaining members when changes have been made.

Thanks for providing this service for us.

Joan for Art Education