[teacherartexchange] email account info

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 16:46:05 PDT

This morning, I was really concerned when we started receiving emails that appeared to be sent by one of the members...when they actually were NOT being sent by her. The message showed her name in the "From" section with an email address that LOOKED like her email address with gmail.com.

I got to thinking about this and I looked much closer and realized that the offending person had set up a NEW account with gmail.com and just reversed the order of her name so we would assume he had taken over her email account...and then he simply joined our group with his "new name and account".

Most of you have probably already figured this out...but I wanted to let you know that he did not hack into her account. Her email account was safe...as are yours...unless you give someone your password.

CR