[teacherartexchange] graphics class

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 05:46:19 PDT

I have a difficult situation I need help with. Our school is in two
buildings. While I have an art room in one building, we had a small mac
lab in the other. I had created a Digital art class so that the Mac Lab
could be used more periods. So I was running between buildings. Which
was okay since there were essentially no supplies. Of course the
students loved this class and now we have still 6 machines but 12 kids
per class. I will probably separate the students into two groups, one
being one the computer at a time. So then the other group
goes...manual?? How can I teach a classroom class, a computer class,
and make it to class at the same time? It was okay last year to just
walk in to the machines. But if I have to do prep for a manual graphics
component, how does one do that in someone else's classroom?! Ahead of
time? And then rush back for my own class? I am thinking art on a cart
here, but I have to cross the road and go downstairs...
Beth