[teacherartexchange] site building and class environment

---------

From: Judith Stenger (mammamia2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 18:05:30 PDT

> I think it was Ann H. who generously offered to help me with
> GoLive, but I have lost the message. I want to say thank you so
> much for your offer. Ie decided to take the easy way out--at least
> for now, and use Tripod. It certainly isn't as artsy as I
> envisioned, but it looks okay, and I have the basic information
> up. I've ordered a book, and eventually--even if I have to pay for
> classes, I'm going to conquer GoLive and Dreamweaver--just
> because. I also want to compliment my colleagues on this list for
> your grace under fire. Judy D--no one would ever believe you wrote
> that trash.

  One other procedural question that I haven't solved in thirty
years in the classroom. While I like my students to feel comfortable
and relaxed, I also know that when they sit with their friends, more
gossip happens than artmaking. In addition, they never get to know
some of their really neat classmates if they are allowed to stay in
their little cliques. As a control issue, it is easier for me to
figure out who marked up the table or whatever, if I know where they
each sat. How do you all handle the seating issue?
Judy S