RE: [teacherartexchange] Creativity In Art Assignments

---------

bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 09:55:45 PDT

I teach many techniques and ways of using media. The subject matter is
usually up to the student. I show many examples of the assignment to get
them to think of the subject they want to use. They are influenced, but
only to find a better example, or take their own photo's for a resource. I
sometimes will have a subject in class they are to use , a still life, and
sometimes we draw each other. I am mainly interested in 2 things, the
composition arrangement of space and objects, and technique. I was told
that in college they are taught to think about their response to the
assignment, concept, ( I do that as well, a lot) but they are not taught
enough technique and manipulation of different media. I want them to be
prepared in both aspects of art making, response to an idea, as well as,
use of media and composition to pull off their ideas.

Ken Schwab
bicyclken@earthlink.net
http://room3art.com