Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] Creativity In Art Assignments

Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 09:55:45 PDT

I teach many techniques and ways of using media. The subject matter is
usually up to the student. I show many examples of the assignment to get
them to think of the subject they want to use. They are influenced, but
only to find a better example, or take their own photo's for a resource. I
sometimes will have a subject in class they are to use , a still life, and
sometimes we draw each other. I am mainly interested in 2 things, the
composition arrangement of space and objects, and technique. I was told
that in college they are taught to think about their response to the
assignment, concept, ( I do that as well, a lot) but they are not taught
enough technique and manipulation of different media. I want them to be
prepared in both aspects of art making, response to an idea, as well as,
use of media and composition to pull off their ideas.

Ken Schwab