Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Differentiating Instruction - especially for middle school

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 07:03:10 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

This educator was posted in Riverdeep newsletter. I am going to start
out with this quote:

"What we teach is irrelvant. It doesn't matter what we teach. What
matters is what students take with them when they leave us at the end
of the year; this is our greatest testimony as educators." - Rick

While this material is good for all teachers, Rick is especially
addressing middle school teachers - his area of expertise. Just ignore
that this is an LD site.... information is good for all learners.

See Rick Wormeli: Differentiating Instruction - Mentor Teacher

Teaching Strategies
Differentiating Instruction: A Modified Concerto in Four Movements

Middle school teachers be sure to scroll down to see:
1 - Day One & Beyond: Practical Matters for New Middle-Level Teachers
2 - Meet Me in the Middle: Becoming an Accomplished Middle-Level Teacher
Back to Tracey's "Big Idea" (What is Culture? - posted to Getty
list).... I think one of the most important things my students took
was how the "Art Room Culture" was different. We liked our own little
world... a good place to be.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources