RE:[teacherartexchange] yesterday

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 04:16:21 PDT

Wow, some days seem to just be wild on the old list. Getting a students
attention is such a personal thing. I have loved how a large variety of
people have jumped into the discussion. How you interact with a group
CHANGES over time. I have probably used all method suggested in my nearly
30 years. The population of our high school is changing. I am finding with
some classes they wouldn't mind talking all period while I stand and wait.
I have a percentage of students who will persist in not listening no
matter what. I have found that getting their attention requires changes of
tactics. Some days I (jokingly) wish I have trained Dobermans's to cruise
the room.
I agree the mud slinging needs to stop. All the exchanges are in the
archives for ever:public access. We on the list do have a etiquette that
posting off line are the equivalent of being private.
On the summer side of things, any list members passing thorough Maine, the
Ice tea is in the frig, and the corn is past knee high in my garden. Randy
in foggy Maine