Re:[teacherartexchange] Darren - Teacher Exchange Group-Long

---------

From: Mikel Lee (mikellee31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 19:31:00 PDT

 Darren,

( I would have sent this just to him, but it would
have been publicly posted anyways!) You came onto the
list like a storm ready to milk everyone for any
advice they could give. I don't think that you realize
exactly what you found here with the Getty list. These
are very prominent art educators who take their time
to help beginning and veterans alike.

There are authors, professors, celebrities,
professional artists, and teachers who have so much
knowledge they make your meager whistle blowing and
light flickering seem foolish. There are also a lot of
people like me who are just regular teachers from a
regular place trying to glean a bit of insight from
the really great people on this list.

It is not showing your best side to just come in and
act like this- you came into a community that the
people here are very proud of and for which we are
grateful. We have a lot more respect for each other
than you seem willing to show. I didn't always
appreciate these facts, like I used to think my
college days of the seething critique were the artist
way and I too have made a few sharp comments, but I
know better now... and when we know better we do
better.

You can learn a lot from this list and not taking
offense to every little thing said. We all welcomed
you-and now everyone seems mad at you. Surely you
have to see that we aren't all "smoking something" and
that the problem isn't just with us and no fault of
your own. Oh well, I just had to say that... hope you
stick around to see that they were just offering a
kind bit of advice. - Mikel