[teacherartexchange] trolling?

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 19:21:08 PDT

i laughed out loud when i read the whistle post 'cause
 i thought it was not serious. techie dh read over my
shoulder and said he thought our group might be
"getting trolled":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slashdot_trolling_phenomena

anyway, while i appreciate the opportunity to consider
different perspectives in hopes of expanding mine and
becoming a better art teacher, it really bothers me
when someone intentionally insults people i've gotten
to know, respect, and care about. these are also
people who contribute tons to our online community.
its fine to disagree in a scholarly, mature way. i do
find it ironic that someone who seems to expect
extremely high standards of behavior from students
isn't exactly modeling it.

wendy free