Re: [teacherartexchange] getting attention

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 17:28:24 PDT

Actually, this is a very interesting point. I have had administration that
expected us to take care of ALL of our discipline problems - and naturally
discipline that year was horrible, as was teacher morale. I had a student
who was turning cartwheels during my lecture - I had him physically removed
from my classroom. His punishment - sit in the office waiting area for the
remainder of the period. Another student told me to "F___ Off" - his
punishment was he had to tell me he was sorry. Luckily that administrator
was a one year thing, but they do exist. I have had 5 administrators at the
high school in the past 11 years, with a one-year temporary admin stepping
in to "sub" while the permanent one is on active duty. So, it shall be an
interesting year.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids