[teacherartexchange] getting attention

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 14:54:09 PDT

I'm going to post this to list instead of privately because Darren said:

"Then if you were in my classroom you would learn to be
quiet when I wanted the attention of the class so you
would not have to hear it."

and my response would be "I will do every thing I can think of to
annoy you and cause you to blow the whistle."

I'm a an anxious kid. And I will do everything I can think of not to
comply with your whistle. I don't "hear " your signal.

What do you mean "I would Learn to be quiet"

What does quiet look like? Have you given a picture of what that is?
Classroom management is dependent that the picture of your rules is
understood. Are you sure that they know what quiet is? or are you
assuming that your quiet is expected?

  "you would not have to hear it."

do they know what not hearing it sounds like?

Patty
respond to: pknott@enter.net