Re: [teacherartexchange] getting attention

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 14:18:11 PDT

Not sure why you find this so objectionable. Yes, crawiling on furniture is
unsafe, but I do it anyways. I stand on counters to hang artwork from
ceilings, chairs are always convienent. I know I will stop when I fall and
bust something, but some of us must learn by experience. I tend to lead my
class by humor, and the students love it. My program is dependant upon
enrollment - my numbers go down, my hours get cut. Last year, my 2 classes
had 27 in one class, 23 in the other. With 97 students in our high school I
have over 50% enrollment, so my method must work!
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids