Re: [teacherartexchange] getting attention

---------

From: Darren High (darren_high_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 13:50:06 PDT

"Why do we resort to torture to get attention?"

It's not torture. The alternative would be to try to
talk over the noise to get their attention or to climb
onto the furniture which is unsafe.

"Yes, a whistle is used on the game playing field to
indicate a foul or
time out. It's an expected anticipation and part of
the game. But in
the classroom -- well I find it offensive."

Then if you were in my classroom you would learn to be
quiet when I wanted the attention of the class so you
would not have to hear it.