Re: [teacherartexchange] music in the classroom

---------

From: Darren High (darren_high_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 13:02:06 PDT

Instead of jumping jacks and climbing on the counter
to get their attention, I would recommend using a
whistle like the coaches use. You can get them in the
sports department at Wal-Mart for a couple of bucks.
I've found that students hate it when I blow it
because of the pitch and reverberation in the room, so
after blowing it once I usually just have to raise it
to my lips and the students will help get everyone
quiet so they don't have to hear it. It also comes in
handy if you have to do any sort of outside duty.