Re: [teacherartexchange] music in the classroom

---------

From: david gran (dsgran_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 11:23:43 PDT

When I was in high school, my art teacher would
sometimes play the guitar for us. That was a huge
incentive for us to work for some reason. We knew if
we were far along enough on our projects, he'd play -
and take requests. Someday I'll take up the guitar in
the summer...

--- "M. Austin" <whest177@wheatstate.com> wrote:

> > After the first few days of complaints about not
> > playing popular music, they just give in and enjoy
> it
> > (for the most part).
> >
> > ...and if they still complain, I threaten to sing
> > instead.
>
> *L* I'm glad I'm not the only "singer"! Actually, if
> I need to get the
> class' attention, after the first request I will do
> something oddball to
> grab them. I will stand on the counter, sing, do
> jumping jacks - sure beats
> having to yell, and it is VERY effective. :-) One
> of my student's favorite
> classic music is a Yoga CD that I picked up at
> Goodwill. They call it the
> "medication" music, because they misunderstood me
> when I gave them the
> title. They also really like guitar music.
> ~Michal
> K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
> http://www.geocities.com/theartkids
>

> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

http://carrotrevolution.blogspot.com/

The day is coming when an ordinary carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

-Paul Cezanne