Re: [teacherartexchange] music in the classroom

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 11:09:50 PDT

> After the first few days of complaints about not
> playing popular music, they just give in and enjoy it
> (for the most part).
>
> ...and if they still complain, I threaten to sing
> instead.

*L* I'm glad I'm not the only "singer"! Actually, if I need to get the
class' attention, after the first request I will do something oddball to
grab them. I will stand on the counter, sing, do jumping jacks - sure beats
having to yell, and it is VERY effective. :-) One of my student's favorite
classic music is a Yoga CD that I picked up at Goodwill. They call it the
"medication" music, because they misunderstood me when I gave them the
title. They also really like guitar music.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids