[teacherartexchange] music in the classroom

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 10:36:38 PDT

I have wondered if it is possible and practical and beneficial to ask one of
the students to read to the class while students are working on their
projects. I was told about Jewish sweatshops in New York where the workers
hired a reader to read to them while they sewed. They were read great books
while they worked and acquired more education that way. Education was very
important to them.

When I went to school, we were not allowed to talk. It's a good thing we
were allowed to pass notes to each other or I might not be able to
communicate at all.

Jean Womack
Richmond, California