Re: [teacherartexchange] pin hole camera

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 10:00:59 PDT

Debbie,

You will still need a darkroom and chemicals for developing the paper.
There is a very good little book called The Hole Thing, by Jim Shull.
It was published in 1974 by Morgan and Morgan so may not be in print.
The ISBN is 0-87100-047-4. It shows diagrams for making not only
cameras, but a cardboard box "darkroom" as well. I also have several
handouts and articles I've collected I could send you copies of.

On a related note, you can also make some really fun, low-cost animation
gadgets that give students some insight how animated movies are made.
In the books I've used there are gadgets ranging from very simple to
more complex. The books are Paper Movie Machines by Budd Wentz,
published by Troubador Press, and Making "Movies" Without a Camera by
Lafe Locke.

Maggie