Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Library of Congress - List of Collections

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 09:29:43 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

David Dillard posted this to Net Gold list:

Library of Congress Digital Collection

You will find lots of images - photographs, prints, drawings. You do
have permission to use these to inspire art.

These collections are good for interdisciplinary units with Art and
American History.
Maybe even character education lessons? using photos of US Presidents?
(they don't have GW, though).

I intended to do a Barbara Kruger inspired collage unit with my 8th
graders - using photo collage images and text (all done with
Publisher). I had a printer that would print up 13 x 19. My unit was
going to tie in character education/character words.

I will be updating my link on American History/Public Domain Images.

The images on the site are not all in Public Domain - but from what I
read on the site, you can use them.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources