[teacherartexchange] Collage Artist (links)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 09:10:11 PDT

Greetings TeacherArtExchange,

Thanks Patty for the Collage Museum link. I added it to my Artists/Art
Styles page.

Here is a collage artist that may be of interest - Claudine Hellmuth.
I previewed two of her DVDs the other day. Some good "how tos"

Here are links to her work:
http://www.collageartist.com/ same site: http://www.claudinehellmuth.com/
http://www.porterfieldsfineart.com/ClaudineHellmuth/claudinemainpage.htm

This might have some of her how tos (FREE):
http://www.heartsart.com/info/inarchive.asp?aid=1494
You can get her book for under $15.00 from Amazon. I think I would go
for the book over her DVDs... just my opinion.

She has a different way of doing transfers - She uses clear caulk (by
Elmers instead of gell medium). She also gets good transfers just
using heat for photocopy transfers. Her heat tool is like a
woodburner, but with a round heated disk on the end (I had one at
school).

I have some collage/assemblage artists on this page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Cornell.htm

I will be adding Claudine to that page.

Regards,

Judy Decker