Re: [teacherartexchange] pin hole camera

---------

Aartteachr_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Jul 03 2005 - 18:48:38 PDT

In a message dated 7/3/2005 9:33:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dputnamart@verizon.net writes:

> I would love to create and use pin-hole cameras with one of my classes but
> it is totally out of my realm of expertise. Is there anyone out there who
> can give me some advice?

We did them one year at the FL Art Ed Conference and used all sizes of
recycled boxes as our camera. We had to tape all flaps closed to prevent light from
getting into the box. The lens was a small piece of copper with a pin hole in
it that was taped to a side of the box. You have to be careful not to expose
the photo paper before you put it in the "camera". There is no negativeto print
from. The process is a little involved and I remember that we needed a dark
room to develop the prints. The trick is good exposure time without moving the
box....sort of the way they did old-timey photos.

MarshArt in Orlando