[teacherartexchange] curriculum site

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 03 2005 - 11:39:45 PDT

Patty:

Thank you for pointing out
http://www.sasked.gov.sk.ca/branches/curr/evergreen/artsed.shtml

This is a site I will recommend to my pre-service students as they begin to
look at curriculum. Although there are a few points I'd argue (their idea of
a theme, for example), I find this to be a very good model.

I particularly like the pie charts that indicate how inquiry and historical
content are equal in value to production, although that would be easy to
misinterpret as spending equal time on each area --- which we know is not
usually the case.

Again, thanks for sharing this site.

Pam
=============================

Art teaching resources, professional development, & travel
www.ArtResourcesforTeachers.com

Join us in June 2006 for Paris, Avignon, and the French Riviera
Space is limited --- E-mail for details

Pamela G. Stephens, PhD
Northern Arizona University
Art Education