[teacherartexchange] Resources for Lesson Plans & Successes Teaching Them

---------

From: JoAnn Dean (jedean_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 03 2005 - 07:20:38 PDT

I am a graduate student at William & Mary in Virginia
writing my thesis on the importance of infusing arts
based education in language arts, math, science, and
social studies classes. In the wake of No Child Left
Behind Virginia is seeing the arts programs being cut
more than ever. My proposal is to offer teachers reason
why to include the arts in classroom and resources for
lesson plan ideas.
What benefits have you seen by including art in the
classroom? Improved cognitive thinking, ability to analyze
complex problems, increased enthusiasm for
lessons,etc...? What are you favorite resources to pull
from when creating your lessons? What lessons have
worked the best?
Thank you for your help!